TUITION AND FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
TUITION AND FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
Investing in your child’s future.
Choosing a boarding school for your child represents a significant financial commitment. Brehm admissions staff can help direct you to available resources to help cover the costs of tuition and other expenses.
Some of our students receive full tuition reimbursement via their school districts under the Individuals with Disabilities Act (IDEA). Brehm is on the Illinois State Board of Education’s (ISBE) list of approved day placements. For more information, contact your school district or State Board of Education and ask for a Parents Rights Handbook.
SUMMER TUITION – $7,765
Brehm’s Summer Program offers an extraordinary experience that blends adventure learning, academics, and social awareness for children with learning differences, ages 11–18.
TUITION – $80,215
Designed to be primarily all-inclusive for boarding students, the Tuition for the 2021-2022 school year is $80,215. It includes an individualized educational plan, residential living, and everything listed below:
- Assigned Dorm room
- Meals prepared in dining hall & weekends in dorm kitchens
- Required textbooks
- Speech and language therapy
- School-issued Apple laptop, with latest assistive technology bundle
- Standard medical and clinical support
- Basic recreational clubs
- Weekend staff planned recreation activities and day-trip outings
- Tutoring during study hours
- Social skills training
- Practical life skills training
- Transportation to and from activities and appointments
DAY TUITION – $48,130
Designed for regional day students, the total cost of Day Tuition for the 2021-2022 school year is $48,130. It includes an individualized holistic educational plan, lunch in the dining hall, required textbooks, speech and language therapy, school-issued Apple laptop with bundled latest assistive software, standard medical and clinical support, after-school day tutoring, some social skills training, and transportation to and from school-related activities.
- Internation Student Fee – $250
- Computer Insurance – $150
- Arrowsmith Licensing Fee – $4,500 (for students enrolled in the Arrowsmith Program)
- Student Allowance (family sets a weekly amount to be given to students)
- Counseling Sessions
- Occupational Therapy
- Transportation to/from Airport for calendar breaks
- Driver’s Education
- Overnight Trips
Accepting applications for summer 2021. To apply, please complete our online application today or call Kathleen Dillard at (618) 457-0371.
Scholarships and tuition assistance
The Brehm Preparatory School Foundation's Annual Giving Campaign also supports scholarships and tuition assistance to help recognize students’ successes and benefit families by offsetting tuition costs. Tuition Assistance is awarded by the Tuition Assistance committee and is based on a family's stated need and availability of funds raised.
Eligible students receiving merit-based and needs-based scholarships go through an application process and are awarded scholarships by the Foundation’s Scholarship Committee, for more information on tuition assistance, contact Admissions, for scholarships contact the Foundation.
Our scholarships include:
- Carey Marie Walsh Memorial Scholarship
- OPTIONS Memorial Scholarship
- Tyson Brehm Memorial Scholarship
- Myranda’s Child and Family Foundation Scholarship
- Coach Greg Douglas Honorary and Heritage Scholarship