TUITION AND FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
TUITION AND FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
Investing in your child’s future.
Choosing a boarding school for your child represents a significant financial commitment. Brehm admissions staff can help direct you to available resources to help cover the costs of tuition and other expenses.
Some of our students receive full tuition reimbursement via their school districts under the Individuals with Disabilities Act (IDEA). Brehm is on the Illinois State Board of Education’s (ISBE) list of approved day placements. For more information, contact your school district or State Board of Education and ask for a Parents Rights Handbook.
SUMMER TUITION – $3,000 per 2 week Session (3 total sessions available)
Brehm Preparatory Shcool is excited to announce that we will be continuing to offer online services for students this summer! Our team has themed this year’s Summer Program as Wonders of the World. We have shifted gears from our normal in-person adventure-based program and developed a very dynamic and engaging online summer program. We will continue our focus on academic and experiential learning mixed with electives based on student interest to maintain our holistic approach of services.
We will be extending the timeline of our program by two weeks, so instead of the normal 4-week program, we will offer a 6-week program broken into 2-week sessions. Yes, you read that correctly, 2-week sessions. More good news, you can sign your student up for one session, two, or three. You do not have to sign up for all six weeks.
TUITION – $77,500
Designed to be primarily all-inclusive for boarding students, the Tuition for the 2020-2021 school year is $77,500. It includes an individualized educational plan, residential living, and everything listed below:
- Assigned Dorm room
- Meals prepared in dining hall & weekends in dorm kitchens
- Required textbooks
- Speech and language therapy
- School-issued Apple laptop, with latest assistive technology bundle
- Standard medical and clinical support
- Basic recreational clubs
- Tutoring during study hours
- Social skills training
- Practical life skills training
- Transportation to and from activities and appointments
DAY TUITION – $46,500
Designed for regional day students, the total cost of Day Tuition for the 2020-2021 school year is $46,500. It includes an individualized holistic educational plan, lunch in the dining hall, required textbooks, speech and language therapy, school-issued Apple laptop with bundled latest assistive software, standard medical and clinical support, after-school day tutoring, some social skills training, and transportation to and from school-related activities.
- Student Recreation Fee (includes weekend staff planned recreation activities and day-trip outings) – $1,500
- Internation Student Fee – $250
- Computer Insurance – $150
- Arrowsmith Licensing Fee – $4,500 (for students enrolled in the Arrowsmith Program)
- Student Allowance (family sets a weekly amount to be given to students)
- Counseling Sessions
- Occupational Therapy
- Transportation to/from Airport for calendar breaks
- Driver’s Education
- Overnight Trips
Accepting applications for summer 2020. To apply, please complete our online application today or call Brian Taylor, M.Ed. at (618) 457-0371.
Scholarships and tuition assistance
The Brehm Preparatory School Foundation's Annual Giving Campaign also supports scholarships and tuition assistance to help recognize students’ successes and benefit families by offsetting tuition costs. Tuition Assistance is awarded by the Tuition Assistance committee and is based on a family's stated need and availability of funds raised.
Eligible students receiving merit-based and needs-based scholarships go through an application process and are awarded scholarships by the Foundation’s Scholarship Committee, for more information on tuition assistance, contact Admissions, for scholarships contact the Foundation.
Our scholarships include:
- Carey Marie Walsh Memorial Scholarship
- OPTIONS Memorial Scholarship
- Tyson Brehm Memorial Scholarship
- Myranda’s Child and Family Foundation Scholarship
- Coach Greg Douglas Honorary and Heritage Scholarship