Name of Scholarship: Veteran’s Scholarship
Champion of Scholarship: Thomas and Charleen Walsh Family
Purpose: The purpose of this scholarship is to assist tuition costs for individuals with learning disabilities and differences of veteran families that have been accepted to the Brehm or OPTIONS program.
Amount Awarded: TBD annually based on available funding
This scholarship has specific criteria as it relates to eligibility, therefore, qualified candidates will be identified by the collaborative efforts of the Scholarship Committee.
- Applicants are directed to fill out the FAST (Financial Aid for School Tuition) as part of the process, as the family’ financial need may be taken into consideration.
- The scholarship is available to both incoming and re-enrolling students that have been accepted into either the Brehm High School or OPTIONS Transitions to Independence program.
- Eligible applicant’s parent or parents must:
- Have served in the Armed Forces of the United States and either received a discharge of Honorable or General (Under Honorable Conditions) or be currently serving
- Have served in a war, campaign, or expedition on foreign soil or in hostile waters.
- Be a wartime U.S. military veteran who served on active duty during at least one of the periods of war
- Applicants must complete the general scholarship application form and return to the Foundation office
- Applicants must submit either in video or written format the impact that the mission of Brehm Preparatory School, Inc. and attending this school has/will have on their education and life.
Students who meet all of the criteria for the Veteran’s Scholarship will be considered eligible. The Scholarship Committee will review all applicants, using the criteria, the names of the students, along with a short synopsis of the student’s experiences and personal situation, as indicated from the FAST. The Scholarship Committee will use all compiled information to determine the best recipient.
Timeline and Duration: The scholarship is awarded annually; applications will be reviewed upon receipt and will remain open until filled. Eligible applications submitted will be considered determined on the timing of submission and availability of the Scholarship Committee.
Terms and Conditions: The Veteran’s Scholarship is available to newly enrolled or returning students who are eligible to receive the award. Eligible recipients will need to have been accepted to either Brehm Preparatory School or OPTIONS Transitions to Independence. Returning students must be in good standing with the program to remain eligible. All required documentation, applications, and other materials must be submitted to the Office of the Foundation.